Sunday, April 16, 2006

All Creatures Great And Small







These pages are dedicated to all those wonderful animals who have so deeply touched my life over the years. I used to think that animals had a way of finding us when they needed us. Now I know that they find us when we need them.

Since my childhood I have been blessed to walk through this world with animals always at my side. They have shared my joy, laughter, life lessons and tears. Each individual animal was a true blessing to know and I give thanks for their sharing through the years.

Not all of the family members you see here are still with us. Some of them have gone on ahead but I am still with them in dreamtime and I know I will see them again someday at a place I call Rainbow Bridge. They are forever in my heart.

Within these pages I hope to share the lives and some of the spirit of these beloved friends. They deserve it. We have been blessed by every kind of companion from deer to skunk, raven to wolf-cross and llamas to Great Danes. Every one of them brought us a magic of their very own.

Few things in this world can give a child the precious gifts that animals can. They teach lessons of responsibility, honesty, love, respect, patience, self-worth, honor and fair play just to name a few. As a person gets to be old enough animals begin leading them into ecology, conservation and respect for all of Mother Earth's gifts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home